Saturday, December 10, 2011

Just as simple as eating on a treadmill

Since it is getting cold here I have been doing more and more of my workouts on the Wii. I own just about every fitness game that they have made for the Wii including:

Walk it out
Biggest Loser Game
Jillian Michaels 2009 & 2010 & 2011
Wii Fit & Wii Fit Plus
EA Sports Active 1 & 2 & More Workouts
My fitness Coach
and more that I can't even think about right now.

My favorite to do during the day is Walk it out. To be honest it was an epic fail of a game, but I love it dearly. You create your character and have the option of walking with a Wiimote in your pocket, on a DDR pad, or the Wii balance board. I use the DDR mat it's the only real way to count for the game and get a real workout. So once you have all of this you walk in place on the board in time with some music around this virtual island. Each time you step on rhythm (It's called  rhythm island) you collect chips. You can use the chips to unlock more of the island, new songs, rainbows, trees, buildings, car, stores, homes, and just about everything you would find in a normal city. Pretty much when you start the whole island is just a bunch of bubbles and you have to "buy" them with the chips to open everything up. This is not easy and it takes forever. I am only about 33% open and I have been on it for about a year. Some people who play with it about 30 minutes a day everyday say that you can open up everything in about 3 months if you stick with it. I just have too many workout games to stick with anything.

So back to the original point. There I am in the last part of my workout having been walking in place on the mat on this virtual island for 70 minutes and a virtual 3.1 miles later and I hear CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH. I'm staring at the Wii hoping that it's not going to break down any time soon and I hear it again. CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH. I stop walking and turn around. There is my husband with a king sized kit kat and an entire row a saltines standing behind me watching me work out and eating.

So I ask him what he's doing. He says "Oh Nothing. Want some kit kat?"........ At this point I'm thinking seriously? What's wrong with you? How many people do you know eat chocolate and workout at the same time?

All this after the whole I can't fit on the Wii board thing. I just keep on taking deep breaths and not looking back at him and his food.

Seriously. Thin feels better then that Kit Kat tastes anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment